Updated: Jul 1
Types of makeup for you to guide yourself and select the best application for your needs.
1. Bronzer Gives skin colour by adding a golden or bronze glow.
Covers any imperfections of the skin such as blemishes and marks.
3. Contour Powder or Creams
Used to define the face, for example, giving the illusion of a slimmer face or to even modify a person’s face shape as desired.
4. Eyelash Glue
Sticks false lashes to the eyes.
5. Eyebrow Pencils
Defines the brows.
6. Eye Primer
Prolongs the wear of eye-shadows and intensifies colours when used used with shadows.
7. Face Powder
Sets the foundation, giving a matte finish, and also to conceal small flaws or blemishes.
8. Face Primer
Applied before foundation and mostly reduces the appearance of pore size. Face primer also prolongs the wear of make up and allows for a smoother application of makeup.
Evens out the skin colour. Usually a liquid, cream, or powder. Of the all the types of makeup, foundation is often the starting block for makeup use.
Draws attention to the high points of the face as well as to add glow to the face. It may contain shimmer.
Liquid lipstick in a sheer or transparent medium.
12. Lip-balms, liners, primers and sticks Liquid or gel base and may contain alcohol to help the product stay on the lips which makes these items generally waterproof.
13. Makeup remover Used to remove the makeup products, for example, before going to sleep. It may or may not contain moisturising properties.
14. Mascara Darkens, lengthens, and thickens the eyelashes.
15. Nail polish
Colours the fingernails and toenails.
16. Rouge, blush or blusher
Used to bring out the colour in the cheeks and make the cheekbones appear more defined.
17. Setting Spray Keeps makeup applied for long periods of time. Setting powder may also be used. Both can be pigmented or translucent.